Andre works hard to strengthen Atlanta communities and recognize leaders who have done so much for our city.
While on the Atlanta City Council, Andre has:
- Successfully created the John Lewis Memorial Task Force, resulting in the changing of Freedom Parkway to “John Lewis Freedom Parkway” and the permanent installation of the John Lewis “Good Trouble” tribute wall at Hartsfield Jackson International Airport.
- Hosted drive-through lunch giveaways during the COVID pandemic, handing out more than 6,000 meals to families.
- Hosted regular “Movies in the Park” for families to enjoy a night together in an area park.
- Served as Chairman of the Community Development and Human Services Committee for 3 years.
- Developed and funded the Community Leadership Institute of Atlanta for 25 community leaders to receive proper training each year.
- Hosted Neighborhood Jazz Concert in West Manor Park every year for neighbors to enjoy live jazz performances.